Monday, January 11, 2016

4 Ways to get your intimacy with God in every day.

I have found out the hard way that on the days I don't get that one on one time with Jesus in it often turned into disaster. And the days I prioritize and put God first on the list that's where it's at.

Spending time with Holy Spirit daily is the most important thing we could ever do for ourselves, our husband and kids. Because in the time even when it feels like nothing is happening God is renewing our strength, filling us with His Spirit and restoring our patience. It's impossible to thrive over every area in your life when you don't meet with Him because thriving is impossible without Him.

Many moms wonder how to get The word in daily and actually receive it? So, I decided to write a post to help you find  a way that works best for you.

1. Choose morning or night// 
I don't recommend reading the word and spending time with Jesus while the little loves are awake.. Yes, It's great for your kids to see you spending time with God and reading the bible but let that be spending time with God with your kids. You need alone time with God where there are no distractions,rushing or wondering. You could also choose nap time to read The Word but I really recommend  choosing before you go to bed or waking up before the kids. I know a lot of people say you should force yourself to wake up early before the kids wake up and read the word however for some people that's the worst time because they can't function that early but the good news is our day starts at night because how you go to bed feeling is usually how you'll feel when you wake up. And the Bible talks about both morning and night being a special time to meet with God.

Morning prayer Bible verses:
Psalms 5:3 - My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct [my prayer] unto thee, and will look up.

Psalms 90:14 - O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.

Mark 1:35 - And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.

Night prayer Bible verses

Psalm 119:62-At midnight I shall rise to give thanks to You Because of Your righteous ordinances.
 
Acts 16:2-But about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God, and the prisoners were listening to them;
 
Psalm 63:6-When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches,
 
Psalm 119:148 - My eyes anticipate the night watches, That I may meditate on Your word.

2. Audio and Media.
We have so many amazing resources for on those busy days where we can't seem to take a moment. Even on youtube you can listen to the entire Bible and sermons as well.

3. You don't have to read that much.
I was once told that Jesus cared about how much Bible you read daily when truth is He couldn't care less if you read 6 chapters or if you only read a sentence. I think what's really important is what are you getting from it? That's what Jesus cares about. So, don't worry about how much you're reading or getting in instead focus on what you are getting in. Right now may just be the short and cut to the chase season and that's okay! Right now I only read a few verses mainly because in this season I like to only focus on one thing at a time and if I read a bunch of information I don't take it in very well. If you're looking for a short and cut to the chase Bible plan we just started a Her sword Bible plan last week.

4. Worship.
Worship is really a no brainer. There is so much power and anointing behind worship that can calm any storm.

5 comments:

  1. Amen! I really struggle with finding time for God. And I don't even have kids as an excuse. lol But I just need to remember that it's not the quantity but rather the quality that matters. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it could be just as hard when you work and have a hubs! :) ;) yes! Even if you got one verse in and received it. That's what it's about :)

      Delete
  2. It is definitely a challenge. Nighttime usually works best for me. Our mornings are all about survival lol as I attempt to get us all out the door in a timely fashion. I agree that the time and amount doesn't matter. It's quality, not quantity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great advice! I started getting up at 550 am to get my time in. It has been so good for my soul. On the days I don't or can't I do try to sprinkle scripture in throughout my day. But it is so much sweeter to havr intentional kid free God time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great advice! I started getting up at 550 am to get my time in. It has been so good for my soul. On the days I don't or can't I do try to sprinkle scripture in throughout my day. But it is so much sweeter to havr intentional kid free God time.

    ReplyDelete

Share your heart with us friends. We respond to every comment and would love to connect with you. :)

"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow." -Ecclesiastes 4:9