Monday, January 4, 2016

The Greater truth

Happy New years beautiful Mamas!! I'm so excited for what 2016 will bring. 
Today I really wanted to bring in the new year with some encouragement. I really want to encourage all you Mamas to focus on the greater truth this year. The greatest truth we have in Jesus. 

Motherhood. It's tough. I heard that phrase nonstop when I was pregnant with my babies. With Evelynne it was  "Man, motherhood  is rough but so worth it" and "Darling you better get your sleep now because after the baby is born you'll be sleep deprived for 18 years!" (Honestly though, I do wonder if they were ever pregnant!) But I smiled and said "I'm doing the best I can." 

With Liya it was "Girl, you think having one is hard!"

I know without a doubt that everyone who gave me this advice had the best intentions. And yes, there was truth in what they said. Motherhood is hard, tiring exhausting, and often more selfless than I want to be... But in the craziness, the tiredness, and the overload of motherly advice, I have no memory of anyone offering me the greatest truth of motherhood... That I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Truth: Motherhood is a tiring crazy lifestyle.

Greater Truth: Jesus says "Come to me all who are weary and heavy burdened and I will give you rest!" -Matthew 11:28

Truth: Motherhood is all about survival.

Greater truth:  "But those who hope in The Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on the wings of eagles; They will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. - Isaiah:41:10

Moms. We need to know Him. We need to make Him known. We need to call upon His name and rely on His name. Because His name is our anchor, our strong tower, our solid rock and our fortress. 

It's not His will for us to JUST SURVIVE. It's not His will for us to live ordinary . Ordinary died at the cross. We are called to thrive and be extraordinary! As moms we can leave that legacy to our children so they can carry on the royal legacy that Jesus died to give us and bring it to the next generation.

We're not meant to be surviving moms. We're meant to be thriving moms. We're meant to be warriors and our children are meant to be blessings. 

 Sisters, where there is truth in the world there is greater truth in God.

If your family is struggling financially remember God's greater truth:

"And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus." 
- Phil 4:19  

Are you feeling weak today? Remember the greater truth::

"Do not grieve, for the Joy of The Lord is your strength"
 -Neh 8:10

Are you feeling alone? Remember Zephaniah 3:17 where it says:
" The Lord your God is in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; 
He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."

Truth is mamas. We can rest in the fact that with every truth that the world throws our way, with every negative emotion that tries to sneak in our head, with everything we see every day we can rest in the promises of God. That with every truth this world speaks over you God has a greater truth He already spoke and it's true for today. All you have to do is say "Yes God!" Just agree with the words and truths He has already spoken. 

So let 2016 be a year where we say yes to God's greater truth!


2 comments:

Share your heart with us friends. We respond to every comment and would love to connect with you. :)

"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow." -Ecclesiastes 4:9