Friday, February 5, 2016

don't stress, joy is yours

I think my friends would describe me as pretty peaceful and easy going. I try to always be positive and uplifting.
So it may surprise some of them when I say that I can struggle with anxiety

Somedays are worse then others but I would say its something I am constantly praying through. 
Having children definitely heightened the anxiety too. 

'Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? And if worry can't accomplish a little thing like that, what's the use of worrying over big things?' - Luke 12:25,26(NLT) 

This is the tiniest little excerpt from a great message that Jesus said to the disciples. He is emphasizing on money and how the Lord cares for things like birds and flowers so of course He will take care of us. {really rough paraphrasing so make sure to read it for yourself Luke 12:22-33}. 

In verses 25 and 26 Jesus is basically saying that worrying is pointless. It's not adding to your life. Worrying over big or small things won't accomplish anything. 
I try to focus on that thought when my anxiety is rising. 
I do get anxious over big things like stuff on the news and car accidents. I have irrational fears sometimes regarding me and my children. 
But recently I have noticed these little anxieties affect my everyday life. Little things that are not adding to my life and so I need to shift my focus

I have a two year old and with that comes a whole lot of meltdowns. If anyone has ever had a toddler knows what I am talking about. The tears that come with giving him the wrong cup or him throwing himself down because it's time to leave the store. 
I have realized that I will sometimes anticipate these meltdowns in public and I feel EXTREMELY anxious. I am so worried that when we walk away from the toys, or its time to get in the car, or if he doesn't want to be in the cart anymore I am going to be that mom. The mom with the screaming toddler that gets all the stares from people who have an opinion on my ability to parent. 
I realized something after about 6 months of these occasional melt downs -- me worrying about them happening don't stop them from happening! 

Worrying about a future outcome only robs me of the present joy. 

Yes, my son is probably going to be unhappy when we leave the park but I am not allowing myself to stress out, worry, or be anxious over it. 
If he has feelings about not getting something, then I let him feel it. I have to show my children that we can keep our foundation of joy, even in stressful times. 

Worrying about your child getting sick doesn't stop them from getting sick.
Being anxious over finances or jobs doesn't fix your bank account or job. 
Stressing over little things or big things don't help you. 
Pray. When your whole body is telling you to be anxious, then pray. 

[of course there is wisdom. I give my children vitamins and take them to the doctor to keep them from getting sick. I save money, pay bills on time, and do well at my job to ensure that my finances are in order. So don't think I am saying to not stress is to ignore. It's to not give in to that fear. God will take care of you and SEES you in your current situation.]

So if you are going through a tough season that is making you anxious all the time or the little things that pop up in your day cause you anxiousness: 

Mommas, don't let worry rob you today. Joy is yours.

Father, I pray for my beautiful sisters who are reading this today. Lord, remind them that You are there and watching them. You are taking care  of them and witnessing every single little detail. I declare that today will be a new day and that we will not give in to our worry - the big and the small. We know it is not adding to our lives or the lives of our children. We surrender to You and give Yoy our fear, frustrations, anxiety, worry, and stress. Thank you for taking our burdens and giving us complete joy. In Jesus Name - amen.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, what a good word! I needed to hear that today. Thank you for following your passions and being awesome =} You have brought me new perspective today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes yes!!! So needed this today!!! I woke up later today and nothing is on schedule but it's all good. We have God's joy! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh waking up later can get you so so flustered. Glad this ministered to you

      Delete
  3. Yes yes yes!!! So needed this today!!! I woke up later today and nothing is on schedule but it's all good. We have God's joy! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the same boat. Most people would never know I deal with anxiety. It doesn't cripple me quite as bad as it used to but I still consider it a problem. Thank you for this reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a constant battle. I kbow we have to be cautious but sometimes I take it so so far. I am anxious over little things and then have random fears that can affect my day

      Delete

Share your heart with us friends. We respond to every comment and would love to connect with you. :)

"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow." -Ecclesiastes 4:9