Thursday, February 11, 2016

Missed oppertunties.

 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations."
 Jeremiah 1:5 

 Hello everyone my name is Kat I'm 47 and the best job I have ever had was being a Mama to five wonderful children and a heart Mama to many others. I had my first child when I was 18. I couldn't wait to be a Mama even though I had so much to learn not just about motherhood but about trusting God with this precious life He has bestowed upon me....A gift that is only in your care for such a short and precious time. 

As a new Mom I'm afraid I was a lot like Nemo's dad Marlin from "Finding Nemo" so afraid of her getting hurt or lost I had forgotten that God knew her before me that He formed her knew her much more than me. 

It sadly took me many years and many children to finally realize this and the rest and peace that comes with truly  believing this. I know in this dangerous world we must use caution and judgement but I have learned recently from my middle daughter that sometimes we must listen to that still small voice and trust and obey or we may miss a beautiful moment where God would use, minister and teach our children. 

Back when my children were young we attended a  field trip to Washington DC with some friends and I would always pack a lot of snacks and granola bars. As we were walking to visit another monument my daughter saw a man digging in the trash she asked me "Mama why is that man digging in the trash and talking to himself?" I said to her he's looking for food . with that she took her granola bars and crackers and began to walk over to him I went to stop her but God had another plan as I watched this little girl with no fear go to this man and give him food. While he was digging in the trash and talking to himself she tugged on his arm and said here sir these are for you. The man's countenance had changed he was so touched that someone would break into his heart and mind with some granola bars and crackers. I saw him shed a tear and say God bless you as he went on his way enjoying his snacks.

 I thought of the opportunity that could have been lost due to my fear. The rest of the day all the children were handing out granola bars and smiles.I learned that day to trust God with all my heart and lean not on you're understanding.

Kathy is firstly a daughter of God. She's a Mama to six kids who are grown and Grammy to fourteen kids. On her spare time she enjoys hanging with critters, writing, spending time by the ocean and nature walking.

7 comments:

  1. It can be so hard...but even now I'm learning so much about this. My 3 year old is daring and bold and I want her to carry that into her boldness for Christ so I'm trying to nurture those traits in positive ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May God bless you and your blessed daring precious little girl and family.

      Delete
  2. Wow. What an encouraging story. I struggle with anxiety a lot and I am learning to trust the Lord more with my kids. You did good momma, raising such a strong and compassionate woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, God truly blessed me with her all my children. I do suffer with anxiety as well, I will pray for you in this.May God bless you and your family.

      Delete
  3. Wow. What an encouraging story. I struggle with anxiety a lot and I am learning to trust the Lord more with my kids. You did good momma, raising such a strong and compassionate woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Monica. What a wonderful mama you must be to have raised such amazing kiddos. I was very blessed by this post. <3

    ReplyDelete

Share your heart with us friends. We respond to every comment and would love to connect with you. :)

"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow." -Ecclesiastes 4:9