Saturday, November 28, 2015

Thankful for Dirty Dishes


I truly believe Thanksgiving should be a way of life. Anyone of us could look around at any moment and find someone with less or facing even more difficult situations than ourselves. Some of those same people could really teach us how to live with a grateful heart, for each day they are thankful and rejoicing despite their circumstances.

I want to live like that.

I'm learning to be thankful for dirty dishes. They mean my family has not gone hungry. I'm thankful for the mounds of laundry because my family has been clothed. I'm thankful for the scattered toys, dirty faces and tiny fingerprints on everything because they prove my children are making memories. I'm thankful for the bills I pay because they provide my family with light and heat.

When you stop focusing on the mundane of these things it's much easier to be thankful. I want others, including my children, to notice a grateful heart when they hear my words and see my actions. Afterall,  wouldn't life be that much better if we did some "thanks-living"?

2 comments:

  1. I love this so much! I always tell hubby I never want to be without toys on the floor because it will mean we will no longer have little ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say the same thing!!! I can't bear to think of the day :(

      Delete

Share your heart with us friends. We respond to every comment and would love to connect with you. :)

"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow." -Ecclesiastes 4:9