Monday, November 30, 2015

Talking to God about our kids.

Happy Monday Mamas. I hope you are having an amazing start to your week.

Today I really want to put focus on talking to God about our children.
We listen to sermons about the importance of introducing God into our babies lives. We pinterest posts on creative ways to teach your little nugget about God and we pray prayers with our kids every night and that's wonderful!! But how many times do we spend praying and talking to God about our children?

I for one have been guilty of this.Sometimes the day passes too quickly before I can get time in to "really" pray. But in the busiest of days and the quietest of days I really want to encourage us both to take the time and pray for our children. It may not seem so important however, it is the most important thing we can do for them! Because when we pray over our children we are fighting demons. We are speaking life over them and we're giving them to God who has such big plans for their little lives. When we pray over them we are planting good seeds into their lives and fighting the bad seeds that the enemy is trying to throw at them.

Yes, we should make it a point to teach our children about God, but maybe we should spend even more time talking to God about our children. Prayers of a mom for her children are so powerful guys and I believe to be even more powerful and effective then teaching your kids about God alone. Because when we talk to God about your kids you are involving Him, you are giving your kids to Him and you are inviting Him into the lives of your child. You're walking the walk and your kids seeing you walk with God is far more effective than teaching your kids about God.

Recently I've been writing a daily journal for my girls and in those journals I have been writing prayers for them and talking to God about them through writing.. I pray a lot in writing because it's my favorite way of communicating. And I have started to pray over them in English and in tongues each night before bed.  And when I feel too tired to even think following a scripture plan is always a great idea. 
Here is a list to get you started.

Thank you Father that your word prevails for our children. -Acts 19:20

Help my children develop a strong self-esteem that is rooted in the realization that they are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus. - Ephesians 2:10

Let love and faithfulness never leave my children, but bind these twin virtues around their necks and write them on the tablets of their hearts. -Proverbs 3:3

Lord, teach my children perseverance in all they do, and help them especially to run with perseverance the race marked out for them.- Hebrews 12:1

Lord, give my children the desire to obey their parents and help them to know the importance. - Ephesians 6:1

My loves, these are just a few life changing verses we can pray over our little ones and talk to Jesus about.. I do plan on writing a future post with more. 

This week let us make a goal to make praying for and over a children a priority.. Whether it's through journaling, a nice conversation with Jesus over dishes, in the car or nap time. 

If you are struggling with a child who is dealing with attitude look for scriptures to pray to help them figure things out and pray that you're able to find the root of what's going on. That may be the answer. 

Much love to you this week!!
 - XOXO
 Heather

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I've been praying for my children's salvation since their conceptions. We can never intervene too much in this way for our children.

    ReplyDelete

Share your heart with us friends. We respond to every comment and would love to connect with you. :)

"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow." -Ecclesiastes 4:9