Tuesday, February 16, 2016

I'm Not a Perfect Mommy.



To the naked eye I haven’t done anything substantial today. 

I haven’t cleaned-save the clothes mountain in our bedroom that needed to be folded. Never-mind the fact that both girls have their own mini mount everests in their rooms as well.
Of course I’d never let you see such a thing. I only post the most perfect pictures on Instagram and Facebook-with pristine bedrooms and clean faces.
I’d be in trouble if everyone knew how my days really were, I couldn’t possibly let my weakness show. Or could I?

You won’t see my dirty hair that hasn’t been washed in too many days to admit.

My makeup less face? Forget it. 

My toddler’s snotty nose and the pile of poopy diapers in the baby’s room? Never! 

I don’t show my weaknesses. 

Oh and my lowest moment of the day? I lost my temper with my two year old-raised my voice at her when she wasn’t doing what I wanted her to. Fed up with the fact that she has a mind of her own and try as I might she just wasn’t listening. 

Today, I’m a failure as a mom. At least that’s the lie the enemy hissed in my ear as soon as I saw the disappointed look on my husband’s face.
Sitting on the couch, feeling defeated-I heard the voice of truth, stronger and louder than any lie from the devil.

“My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.”

I’m not the perfect mom, and if I was would I need His grace?
If I did everything right would I need His mercy?
If I never shed a tear over my unruly toddler I would never hear his quiet reassurance,
“You were made for this.”


I'm not a perfect mommy, but He's a perfect God. Always guiding, always strengthening, always reassuring. Thank the Lord that I don't have to do this mom thing on my own, because I can't. 
 .
.
.

So I’m kind of glad today has been trying.
I needed to hear my daddy’s voice. <3

 Sarah is married to her best friend and together they have two beautiful girls.
Her heart is for babies and fighting for life is something huge that God has placed on her heart.
Her desire is to show the world that children are amazing blessings from The Lord and to encourage Mamas in this walk of Motherhood.


5 comments:

  1. Amen to this!!! I struggle daily. I'm gone from my house and children 9-10 hours a day (this includes travel time) teaching other people's childten. I love my job and I know God has called me to it but I hate the time I miss with my kids. I can't tell you how often I feel like a failure because I have to do this to make our ends meet. Days home with them are days I do very little around the house because I'm making memories with them. Then, I feel guilty about my disheveled home. It's a vicious cycle! Tha k you for this reminder. I really needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!!!! I love this so so much. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes yes. As I read this while wrangling my 9 month old, Thomas the train playing in the background, the two year old is yelling, and my hair hasn't been washed in a week (yup, a whole week).
    We need His grace so so much and it ID enough. Lovely words Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, I've been at this mom thing a long time, and I've yet to come close to maternal perfection for even one second of one day. But I know God has called me to do what no one else could do: mother my children. Blessings to you from one mom of two girls to another! Stopping by from Mommy Moments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing article Sarah and it came at such the perfect time for me, personally!

    Awesome!!!

    D. Goodwin

    ReplyDelete

Share your heart with us friends. We respond to every comment and would love to connect with you. :)

"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow." -Ecclesiastes 4:9