Wednesday, March 23, 2016

What makes me a confident mom.


A confident mom. I used to think a confident mom was a beautiful, fit, all together lovely and just perfect. Perfect house, perfect husband, perfect homemaking and was loved by everyone. She was an image I had in my head. The mom I was going to be and the mom I never was and because of that I would see myself and only see flaws.
I'd be on facebook/pinterest/instagram and without thought I'd slip into the trap. The trap of mistaking every mom on there is as perfect as the confident mom I had imaged in my head. And my girls were stuck with me. "They didn't deserve me for their mom" was a lie I repeated to myself many nights.
But God came to my rescue and saved me and forgave me for my self bullying. He saved me with these simple, freeing and powerful words.

"On your own, you will never be put together, you'll never get it perfect and on your own you'll never be confident. Let's try doing this Motherhood in Me and I'll show you what a confident mom is!"

I'm not confident because of me or who I am. In fact on my own I'm so clueless and scattered into a million pieces. (Yea, that woman who left her credit card on the starbucks counter? Me.) And until now I was a mom who was just surviving. And if I just survived that day somehow  was satisfied but completely not. I wanted more for me, I wanted more for my children and the fact I was just surviving meant I wasn't fulfilling my kingdom calling as a mom to it's fullest.
I would tell everyone who asked me how I was doing and not really realizing how doubtful I sounded I would say with bags under my eyes "It's just all about survival for me now." 
 
And I honestly believe I'm not the only mom has ever felt that way because motherhood really is a tiring job that requires more than you on your own can give. It's constantly busy and most of the time demanding.  I remember waking up every morning just feeling tired and speaking that over my day. "Man, I'm so tired" I'm already ready for this day to be over".
Now, I know the secret to being a confident mom and like I said it's not me. It's nothing I do or have done but it's who I put my trust in. Moms the secret to being a confident mom is knowing who God is and who He is in you!
I've tried to do it on my own so many times.. But at the end of the day I was always exhausted, always doubted myself and I was never good enough. But praise God that He is enough. He sustains me.
What makes me a confident mom or just even a confident woman in general. It's knowing who I am in Christ and remembering His promises.
Not dwelling on the mistakes I've made but just trying my hardest every day and giving Him the glory for it and knowing that in Him I will not fail.
 I think the biggest problems we have as moms is not that we're doing it wrong but we're putting all of motherhood on ourselves which runs us dry. But God wants to be our help.
So, here are some ways I find my confidence in God and how I'm confident in Him.
I try to meet with Him every morning// It is my goal every morning to not let my kids beat me up. I can't even tell you the difference it makes in my life daily. And if somehow I don't get up that morning I spend time with Him at night because I believe that's when the day really starts :)
I remember scripture//  There is so much good stuff for us in there to dwell on and remember.It's our sword ladies and if we don't know how to use it how will we use it in times of trouble?
Speak life over your day// It's so true that life and death are in the power of your tongue. So speak life over your day even when it feels like your day is off to a bad start.speak life! God has been challenging me to remember that He gives me rest. So, I try to remember to speak God's strength over my day.

1 comment:

  1. I never viewed that mindset as self bullying buy you are so right! We beat ourselves up. I'm so grateful for my God who forgives and restores.

    ReplyDelete

Share your heart with us friends. We respond to every comment and would love to connect with you. :)

"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow." -Ecclesiastes 4:9