Wednesday, March 23, 2016

No Longer a Slave to Fear

Turn this one up loud today, mammas!

Fear is tricky. It can play on every single anxiety we didn't know we had and amplify them until we're crippled.

I've had a few really icky encounters between strangers and myself or strangers and my kids lately. Some have put me in such a fearful state that I find myself becoming a hermit just so I won't have to worry about who is around my family. This is no way to live. It's certainly not how God has called me to live.

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."
-2 Timothy 1:7

"The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? The Lord is with me; he is my helper."

-Psalm 118:6-7

I truly hate it when I find myself being afraid because I know it is outside of the plan God has for me. Yes, there is evil in this world. Yes, there are those who mean to do others harm. Yes, there will be times I'm not in control of what happens to me or my family. However, God is always in complete control. Always. You either believe this, or you don't. You can't believe that He's only over some situations and not others.

Bad is going to happen to us, friends. It's the result of living in a fallen world. But we have something amazing to cling to-the love and favor of the Lord as His children. We don't have to be afraid of what is around the corner. Instead, we can take the evil meant for us and allow God to use it in a way to bring glory to Him.

"You meant to hurt me, but God turned your evil into good to save the lives of many people, which is being done."
-Genesis 50:20

Speak this verse over your fear and anxiety and watch what God does with it. I'd love to hear your stories (mostly so I don't feel alone in my moments of fear....) in the comments below!

3 comments:

  1. So true! Especially when you have children fear becomes increasingly rampant!But you are right, its not how God calls us to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Especially when you have children fear becomes increasingly rampant!But you are right, its not how God calls us to live.

    ReplyDelete

Share your heart with us friends. We respond to every comment and would love to connect with you. :)

"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow." -Ecclesiastes 4:9